Healthy Juice Recipes
Whenever I see a green juice, I can’t help but think about health and wellbeing, because they are packed with essential nutrients and vitamins that nourish our bodies. Just like Green Gorgeousness right here.
This green juice recipe has the right amounts of leafy greens, vegetables, and fruit to revitalize and replenish you. It will rejuvenate you, help you stay focused and get you ready to conquer your day.
Now I understand that when you are a beginner, you might not be used to drinking mixtures of leafy greens, fruits, and vegetables, but I promise you will get used to it. And your body will love you for giving it the amazing benefits of green juice.
To make your green juice a little bit sweeter, add another pear to it. That should do the trick.
Go ahead and try it. Let me know how it was.
6 leaves | 180g
4 stalks | 140g
3 medium | 330g
1 medium | 120g
1 inch piece | 30g
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly under running water.
- Chop all ingredients into a size that best works for your juicer.
- Chop the kale and celery into small pieces — this helps reduce clogging or jamming of the juicer.
- Feed everything into your juicer, alternating between soft and hard ingredients.
- Drink and regain your health!
- For full benefits, consume immediately or as soon as possible, but within 24 hours.
- Store in an airtight glass bottle or jar and refrigerate.
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Kale is a very nutrient dense food, and like all other cruciferous vegetables, it comes with a long list
of health benefits.
- Kale is a potent anti-inflammatory and helps fight a large number of chronic conditions.
- Kale has anti-cancer effects. Isothiocyanates in kale help in the prevention and even reverses certain
cancer cell growth.
- Potassium in kale improves blood circulation and lowers cholesterol and the risk of heart attacks
and strokes. It also enhances bone density and muscle mass.
- It helps remove toxins from the body, aids in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Kale is also excellent for improving eyesight and brain functionality.
- The consumption of celery will reduce the arteries from blocking, thus lower our cholesterol levels
and keeping heart disease at bay.
- Antioxidants in celery fight kidney, liver, pancreas and gallbladder disease as well as urinary tract infections.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Celery contains phthalides, flavonoids, and polyacetylenes which fight off the formation of cancer.
- The anti-inflammatory agents in celery can ease joint pains, improve lung infections and clear acne.
- The vitamin A in celery sticks helps with eye health.
- Pears are packed with antioxidants which reduce the risk of various types of cancers like breast,
colon, lung, rectum, and prostate.
- Vitamin C in pears boosts the immune system which helps in combating common cold and flu. It
also helps in speeding up the body’s healing process.
- Potassium in pears lowers blood pressure and stabilizes blood circulation, minimizing the risks of cardiovascular diseases.
- Pectin in pears can help improve digestion and relieve constipation and promote regular bowel movements.
- Various minerals found in pears helps with bone health.
- The source of Vitamin C in lemons helps in treating scurvy and asthma, helps to maintain a healthy immune system and improves blood circulation and prevents blood clots that cause strokes. It also fights off free radicals which are known to cause cancer.
- Lemons detox the liver by dissolving the uric acid and other toxins harmful to the liver.
- The citric acid and potassium in lemons aid our digestive system, ease constipation and help to dissolve kidney stones.
- The powerful antioxidants in lemons promote mucous membrane health, improve skin health, and eyesight.
- Lemons are also excellent for fighting off headaches, cold, flu, and other infections. They also combat fatigue and bad breath.
- Ginger is incredible with healing digestive problems. It eases painful and uncomfortable conditions like constipation, bloating, nausea, period cramps, motion sickness and loss of appetite.
- Ginger promotes sweat which is very important. Sweat cleans out pores and eliminates toxins from the body. Sweat creates a layer over our bodies which protects us from bacteria and infections.
- Ginger stabilizes the sugar levels in our blood and reduces the risk of cholesterol.
- Ginger is a natural pain reliever, which also fights off bacteria and inflammations.
- This root is often used for treating cold and flu.
- Ginger fights against blood clotting which will help with the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- It helps to boost the immune system and gets rid of harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Ginger has been found to delay the growth of colorectal cancer.