Healthy Juice Recipes
This green juice recipe provides the perfect mix of energy and health benefits. The combination of ingredients is packed with vitalizing nutrients to help you feel your very best throughout the day.
This healthy juice is beneficial for the immune system. The fruit combination in this recipe gives you a grape-citrus twist with a welcoming refreshing taste. These fruits provide vitamin C and high water content, both of which are great for your skin, bones, and joints. The ginger, mint, and zucchini are a powerful aid to a healthy digestive system.
The two most nutrient-dense vegetables in this juice are spinach and celery, as they provide amazing health benefits. Spinach is full of calcium, vitamin A, and C to keep our bones healthy and strong. It’s also iron-rich, which helps the body use energy efficiently. A juice recipe with celery is a hydrating phenomenon, as celery is mostly water (95%) and can help you curb food cravings. Celery also includes high levels of vitamin C and K, which promotes general bone and heart health. These two ingredients combined are a fantastic bone-building powerhouse.
In a fast-paced life, it may be tough to get in the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables per day. That’s why I love starting my day with this healthy green juice recipe, Green Power, which is loaded with antioxidant-rich nutrients to revitalize your day.
1 medium | 150g
1 bunch | 400g
1 fruit | 70g
1 small bunch | 250g
2 Sprigs | 20g
1 thumb-size piece | 30g
4 sticks | 140g
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly under running water.
- Remove grapes from stem.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients into a size that best works for your juicer.
- Chop the spinach into small pieces — this helps reduce clogging or jamming of the juicer.
- Feed everything into your juicer, alternating between soft and hard ingredients.
- Drink and regain your health!
- For full benefits, consume immediately or as soon as possible, but within 24 hours.
- Store in an airtight glass bottle or jar and refrigerate.
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- The seeds in zucchini contain antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin A which are known to fight off inflammations, clogged arteries, respiratory problems and lowers blood pressure.
- Folate and magnesium found in zucchini help to ward off heart attacks and strokes, and help the heart beat at a regular rate.
- The calcium in zucchini promotes bone and teeth health.
- Zucchini is filled with water and are great for weight loss, to keep you hydrated and helps with digestive issues.
- The vitamin B in zucchini energises the body, helps maintain a healthy metabolism and improves mood.
- Zucchini also protects from colon cancer, lowers blood pressure and slows down ageing.
- Grapes contain powerful antioxidants which fight against many types of cancer. Antioxidants in grapes are found to cure migraines, especially in grape juice.
- The high levels of polyphenol in grapes reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and blood pressure.
- Grapes contain potassium which helps to maintain a healthy heart and reduces the risk of stroke. It also serves as protection for muscle mass loss and preserves bone mineral density.
- The amount of manganese, copper, and iron found in grapes are great for helping with the strengthening of bones.
- Preventing kidney diseases, improving brain function, lowering cholesterol and fighting off diabetes are a few more benefits of grapes.
- Limes are high in vitamin C and are helpful in treating scurvy and protect against immune system deficiencies, heart disease and eye disease.
- Limes improve digestion, help relieve constipation and work wonders for weight loss.
- They help with the cleansing of the body, ridding of toxins and boosting the immune system. Limes can assist in preventing cold and flu.
- Limes help with skin rejuvenation.
- Limes can help with the protection from infections. They also help in treating ulcers and gum diseases.
- Limes have also been found to be helpful for people with diabetes and heart disease.
- Potassium in spinach stabilises blood pressure, reduces hypertension and relaxes the blood vessels.
- Spinach can be helpful in treating and preventing certain cancers like prostate, liver and lung cancer.
- Lutein in spinach can reduce atherosclerosis (the hardening of the arteries), strokes and heart attacks.
- Spinach helps to strengthen the bones, reduce inflammation and strengthen muscles.
- Beta-carotene in spinach is excellent for restoring eyesight and overall eye health. It also protects the eyes from the damages caused by direct sunlight that can cause cataracts.
- Spinach is essential for skin, hair and also bone health. It protects and reverses damages, and it builds collagen and bodily tissues.
- Mint leaves are great for treating indigestion, nausea and stomach discomfort and can also help people who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome.
- The aroma of menthol has the power to relieve nasal congestion. It can also soothe throat sores with its cooling effect. Mint is beneficial for treating common colds.
- The antiseptic and cooling effect of mint oils helps in treating skin infections and itches.
- The smell of mint aids with the functioning of the brain and also keeps us alert.
- Mint fights harmful bacteria in our mouths and also get rid of bad breath.
- Ginger is incredible with healing digestive problems. It eases painful and uncomfortable conditions like constipation, bloating, nausea, period cramps, motion sickness and loss of appetite.
- Ginger promotes sweat which is very important. Sweat cleans out pores and eliminates toxins from the body. Sweat creates a layer over our bodies which protects us from bacteria and infections.
- Ginger stabilizes the sugar levels in our blood and reduces the risk of cholesterol.
- Ginger is a natural pain reliever, which also fights off bacteria and inflammations.
- This root is often used for treating cold and flu.
- Ginger fights against blood clotting which will help with the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- It helps to boost the immune system and gets rid of harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Ginger has been found to delay the growth of colorectal cancer.
- The consumption of celery will reduce the arteries from blocking, thus lower our cholesterol levels
and keeping heart disease at bay.
- Antioxidants in celery fight kidney, liver, pancreas and gallbladder disease as well as urinary tract
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Celery contains phthalides, flavonoids, and polyacetylenes which fight off the formation of cancer.
- The anti-inflammatory agents in celery can ease joint pains, improve lung infections and clear acne.
- The vitamin A in celery sticks helps with eye health.