Healthy Juice Recipes
Oh Sweet Persimmon
If you are new to juicing and want to try something sweet, but healthy, then you are gonna love this one. This juice is a delicious, healthy treat.
I can never get bored with juicing. I’m always experimenting with different fruits and vegetables, and this juice certainly did not disappoint. Not only is it sweet, but also generous in nutrients and vitamins too.
Persimmons are also known as kaki, and the most widely cultivated are the Asian and Japanese persimmons. They are loaded with antioxidants and can help in lowering cholesterol, and those are only a couple of the many health benefits of persimmons.
This juice has a thick texture and will have you feeling full for quite a while.
4 fruits | 650g
7 medium | 420g
1 medium | 100g
1 thumb-size piece | 30g
2 fingers | 30g
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly under running water.
- Remove the leafy top of the persimmon, and chop.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients into a size that best works for your juicer.
- Feed everything into your juicer, alternating between soft and hard ingredients.
- Drink and enjoy!
- For full benefits, consume immediately or as soon as possible, but within 24 hours.
- Store in an airtight glass bottle or jar and refrigerate.
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Persimmons can help prevent age-related illnesses of the eyes.
- They are filled with antioxidants that boost the immune system and prevent heart attacks and other heart-related problems.
- Persimmons are a great source of soluble fiber and are vital for your digestive system. They help soften the stool and regulate your bowel movement.
- They improve iron absorption and help with the production of red blood cells.
- Persimmons act as anti-aging agents and slow down the aging of skin, hair, and nails.
- Persimmons are also anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Carrots reduce cholesterol levels and prevent heart disease.
- Carrots are high in potassium, which improves blood flow and circulation and lowers blood pressure.
- The amount of fibre found in carrots helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fibre helps with constipation and prevents related stomach problems.
- Carrots contain beta-carotene which reduces the risk of several cancers, such as lung cancer, breast cancer, and colon cancer.
- Vitamin A found in carrots is useful for improving eyesight. Vitamin A helps in maintaining a healthy complexion, preventing acne and dry skin. It is also vital for healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Carrots regulate blood sugar.
- The source of Vitamin C in lemons helps in treating scurvy and asthma, helps to maintain a healthy immune system and improves blood circulation and prevents blood clots that cause strokes. It also fights off free radicals which are known to cause cancer.
- Lemons detox the liver by dissolving the uric acid and other toxins harmful to the liver.
- The citric acid and potassium in lemons aid our digestive system, ease constipation and help to dissolve kidney stones.
- The powerful antioxidants in lemons promote mucous membrane health, improve skin health, and eyesight.
- Lemons are also excellent for fighting off headaches, cold, flu, and other infections. They also combat fatigue and bad breath.
- Ginger is incredible with healing digestive problems. It eases painful and uncomfortable conditions like constipation, bloating, nausea, period cramps, motion sickness and loss of appetite.
- Ginger promotes sweat which is very important. Sweat cleans out pores and eliminates toxins from the body. Sweat creates a layer over our bodies which protects us from bacteria and infections.
- Ginger stabilizes the sugar levels in our blood and reduces the risk of cholesterol.
- Ginger is a natural pain reliever, which also fights off bacteria and inflammations.
- This root is often used for treating cold and flu.
- Ginger fights against blood clotting which will help with the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- It helps to boost the immune system and gets rid of harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Ginger has been found to delay the growth of colorectal cancer.
- Turmeric thins our blood and prevents blood clots from forming which leads to blood circulation problem and also strokes and heart attacks.
- Turmeric assists in treating inflammation and also relieves pain.
- Antioxidants in turmeric fight off damages to the liver and detoxify it resulting in better liver function.
- Curcumin fights off cancer cells and prevents new ones from forming.
- Turmeric aids in keeping a healthy digestive system and fights off irritable bowel syndrome and also gut inflammation.