Healthy Juice Recipes
Queen Of Green
Most green juices have a lousy reputation in the taste department. Yet they are highly beneficial to our health. This recipe was my solution.
I created this recipe when I was a green juice newbie, as I wanted the gains of green juice, without having to pinch my nose and chug it down. That’s why I call this, the Queen of Green.
Don’t get me wrong, this juice is not particularly sweet, so it might still be a bit of a challenge to some. If you find yourself struggling, don’t worry! Add a green apple at first to sweeten things up, and then work your way up to green juice level: expert. The taste improves when chilled.
Also, feel free to put less ginger and turmeric at first. However, keep in mind that these are packed with health benefits, so promise me you’ll ramp up quantities as you go along.
1 large | 400g
4 fruits | 400g
1 medium bunch | 250g
1 thumb-size piece | 30g
1 large finger | 15g
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly under running water.
- Chop all ingredients into a size that best works for your juicer.
- Chop the spinach into small pieces — this helps reduce clogging or jamming of the juicer.
- Feed everything into your juicer, alternating between soft and hard ingredients.
- For full benefits, consume immediately or as soon as possible, but within 24 hours.
- Store in an airtight glass bottle or jar and refrigerate.
Health and Nutritional Benefits
- Cucumbers contain antioxidants which fight and reduce the risk of heart and lung diseases and also cancer.
- Cucumbers contain potassium which helps in lowering blood pressure.
- The vitamin K found in cucumbers has been linked to bone strength and brain health.
- Cucumbers health benefits also include aiding in managing stress, supporting a healthy digestive system and keeping a fresh breath.
- Vitamin E in kiwis lowers cholesterol and fights against free radicals.
- Kiwis are abundant in vitamin C which helps to maintain healthy skin, bones, muscles and tendons. It also prevents wrinkles and helps keep an overall clear complexion.
- Vitamin C also fights respiratory problems such as asthma.
- Contains lutein which can prevent many eye diseases and is excellent for overall eye health.
- Kiwis help reduce complications with irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Potassium in kiwis helps in the healing of wounds.
- Kiwis help to lower blood pressure and the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
- Potassium in spinach stabilises blood pressure, reduces hypertension and relaxes the blood vessels.
- Spinach can be helpful in treating and preventing certain cancers like prostate, liver and lung cancer.
- Lutein in spinach can reduce atherosclerosis (the hardening of the arteries), strokes and heart attacks.
- Spinach helps to strengthen the bones, reduce inflammation and strengthen muscles.
- Beta-carotene in spinach is excellent for restoring eyesight and overall eye health. It also protects the eyes from the damages caused by direct sunlight that can cause cataracts.
- Spinach is essential for skin, hair and also bone health. It protects and reverses damages, and it builds collagen and bodily tissues.
- Ginger is incredible with healing digestive problems. It eases painful and uncomfortable conditions like constipation, bloating, nausea, period cramps, motion sickness and loss of appetite.
- Ginger promotes sweat which is very important. Sweat cleans out pores and eliminates toxins from the body. Sweat creates a layer over our bodies which protects us from bacteria and infections.
- Ginger stabilizes the sugar levels in our blood and reduces the risk of cholesterol.
- Ginger is a natural pain reliever, which also fights off bacteria and inflammations.
- This root is often used for treating cold and flu.
- Ginger fights against blood clotting which will help with the prevention of strokes and heart attacks.
- It helps to boost the immune system and gets rid of harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Ginger has been found to delay the growth of colorectal cancer.
- Turmeric thins our blood and prevents blood clots from forming which leads to blood circulation problem and also strokes and heart attacks.
- Turmeric assists in treating inflammation and also relieves pain.
- Antioxidants in turmeric fight off damages to the liver and detoxify it resulting in better liver function.
- Curcumin fights off cancer cells and prevents new ones from forming.
- Turmeric aids in keeping a healthy digestive system and fights off irritable bowel syndrome and also gut inflammation.